It’s been a long time since I posted anything, and as I live my life and care for my children, I find that there is really very little time for me to blog much. I intended for this site to be a weekly spiritual exercise, but sitting at the computer offers too many distractions from what I really ought to be doing during the day (home school, kid care, meals, dishes, laundry, etc). And at night when the kids are in bed and Ian comes home I don’t want to be at the computer!
Anyway, I have a few minutes today to fill out this meme. I don’t play tag, so if you feel like answering this yourself, just leave me a comment so I can know more about you.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:20am (I think)
2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls mostly, but some day I’d like to wear diamonds with a dark blue velvet dress!
3. What was the last film you saw at the theater? Night at the Museum (at Christmastime).
4. What is your favorite TV show? I really have no idea what’s on – we don’t have TV. We did borrow the 1st season of 24 a while back and that was fun. I also liked Stargate.
5. What did you have for breakfast? Oatmeal with bits of dried apricot in it.
6. What is your middle name? Maria
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I like all kinds of food. I have a craving right now for Chinese (specifically egg rolls and lemon chicken) . And pickles. And pistachio ice cream. I’m pregnant.
8. What foods do you dislike? I really dislike liver, but not in all its forms. I like pate and liverworst on crackers or in a sandwich.
9. What are your favorite chips? Pringles in the potato variety, and I like white corn chips (no particular brand, as long as they’re crispy & not thick) in the corn category, with salsa and guacamole.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Hmmm. Hard to say. I like Enya, the soundtracks to the Lord of the Rings movies, and Haydn.
11. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Venture 2003 minivan – this is for sale, if anyone is interested and lives in the Colorado Springs area or can get here to pick it up. We’re about to outgrow it (as I said, I am pregnant, and as soon as baby #7 is born we will need a new van, but we need to sell this one first).
12. Favorite sandwich? BLT. With avocado. I’m hungry.
13. What are characteristics you can’t stand? insincerity, lying
14. What are your favorite clothes? ballet-neck linen dress with soft floral print and princess seams, and heels.
15. If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go? Italy
16. One random fact about myself: I like to sew (and wear) costumes from various time periods.
17. Where would you want to retire? Colorado. I love it here!
18. Favorite time of day? nap time! And when Ian gets home!
19. Where were you born? California
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? Hockey, but i don’t watch sports much.
21. Coke or Pepsi? neither – I don’t like soda much. I’d rather have root beer if there’s ice cream in it 😉
22. Beavers or ducks? What a weird question. To eat? Ducks. To watch build dams? Beavers.
23. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Neither. I like 9 AM to about 1 PM for being awake.
24. Pedicure or manicure? manicure I think, but I have never had a pedicure (first one is scheduled for Monday)
25. What did you want to be when you were little? a veterinarian.
26. What is your best childhood memory? Playing in the back yard with my siblings, building villages for the Star Wars figures in the sand box. And swimming at night in our swimming pool with our cousins, and making “night rainbows” with a hose and a bright light.
27. Ever been to Africa? No
28. Ever been toilet papering? No
29. Been in a car accident? Yes.
30. Favorite day of the week? Monday. No kidding!
31. Favorite restaurant? 3 Margaritas is up there. The Briarhurst Manor is WAY up there.
32. Favorite flower? rose
33. Favorite ice-cream? Coffee
34. Favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy’s or Chick Fil A
35. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? None.
36. From whom did you get your last e-mail? Pikes Peak Library District
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don’t have a credit card, but I would spend money, if I had it, at Bombay Company, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Williams Sonoma, and a good nursery.
38. Last person you went to dinner with? Ian – 10th anniversary dinner!
39. What are you listening to right now? Kids playing in the living room.
40. What is your favorite color? red
41. How many tattoos do you have? None
42. How many people are you sending this to? zero
43. What time did you finish this blog entry? Well, at this question, it is 10:53am.
44. Favorite magazine: Faith & Family and Romantic Homes, when they don’t go overboard on the Shabby Chic look.
45. Coffee or tea? I like both, but rarely have either.
46. Do you tan easily or burn easily? neither. I don’t go outside much. I guess I tan when I do gardening in the summer.
47. Do you color your hair? No
48. What was the first car you ever purchased without the help of your parents? 1996 Voyager minivan (actually my husband bought it)
49. What is your most dreaded household chore? Ironing.
h/t: St. Francis Academy